Thursday, June 19, 2008

Princess Bed

A couple months ago while at a store Kaiya spotted a princess toddler bed. She had to climb up on it and try it out. She just adored the thing. Brandon and talked about getting her one when she got a little bigger and was ready for it. (sometime after she turned 2)
Well I have been browsing Craigslist in hopes of finding a used one in good condition. Ive found a few but either they cost too much or were too far away to make it worth getting. Anyway, I came across one the other day which was close by and only cost $20.
We went and got it and set it up in Kaiyas room the other night. The first night we just let her try it out and play on it and then put her to bed in her crib. Well last night she decided she wanted to sleep in her princess bed. So, ok, we decide to give it a try knowing that she would get up and want to play and it would be an endless battle of us going in the and tucking her back in over and over.
Nope. she went right to sleep. Slept all night in it. I am sooooo amazed! I can not believe how BIG my little girl is..
I dont know if I am ready for her to be so big just yet... :(
Shes asleep in there now.. night 2..!
Guess I can pack up the crib.



3 comments:

Kelly T said...

whoa...yeah, so that is totally sweet, but so hard!!BABIES sleep in cribs, big kids sleep in beds! Well, that is great that Kaiya is staying right in her bed. I have NO idea what lacy would do!

Lacy Ripley said...

Wow!!! What a big girl! I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous boy in the photo on her nightstand.

LovinSkylar said...

what to go kaiya!!! that bed is super cool!!

just wait till she starts to leave her room on her own...thats what skylars new thing is.ahhh! they grow up way to fast