Saturday, June 14, 2008

Swimming Lessons

KAiya started swimming lessons last weekend. Now for those of you who dont know it, Kaiya HATES swimming. Actually she HATES anything that has to do with water. She doesnt like taking baths, she doesnt like the duck pond and she even freaks out over the little fountain in the mall.
We thought that starting her in swimming lessons when she is young will hopefully help her outgrow this fobia or hers. So far, she still hate it. But I guess its only been 2 weeks so I should give it a couple more before I give up.
She cries alot but did manage to go into the pool somewhat. She does ok as long as she is in the super shallow end and wont really do what the other kids are doing. She did however put her nose in the water. I guess thats a start. Wish us luck for the upcoming weeks as we hope to conquer this fear!


1 comment:

The Nessons said...

I've been taking Lilly to swim lessons at the YMCA since she was 6 months old. I've seen lots and lots of kids that didn't like it. They all get used to it sooner or later. So don't worry, keep trying and sooner or later she'll enjoy it.